Friday, January 6, 2017

Cause I can't leave well enough alone...

RE: My recent "Hell On Wheels" piece.

I was happy with the way the piece originally turned out. That's a big step for me. I never am. And guess what? I still wasn't.

As this is a completely digital piece, it's easy enough to futz around with after the fact and try some things you didn't do originally. So I did. Fired up the ol' mystic Photoshop machine and tried some different bits of black (probably more like light gray...but black sounds cooler right?) magic. Lots of "mehs", but finally settled on what you see below. The effect was achieved using the Spot Wash Dirt filter from the fine folks at Mister Retro.

Dig it...

© Hell On Wheels "Dirt" - Mike Moore Studios 2017

Over all I think it adds a bit more depth, and helps the colors pop. Compare it to the one below and let me know what you think.

Well that's it for now folks.

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment